#social 2015-06-02

2015-06-02 UTC
Guest83, jasnell and shepazu joined the channel
Guest83, jansauer, bblfish, jasnell, jansauer_, pfefferle, edhelas, the_frey, almereyda, pfefferle_ and elf-pavlik joined the channel
#
elf-pavlik
raucao, hi o/ could you before meeting on thursday take another look at https://github.com/linkeddata/SoLiD#software-implementing-solid
#
elf-pavlik
aaronpk, can one use URIs for OAuth scopes? let's say I have an LDP Container https://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper/calendar/ and i only want to authorize client to have read-write access to this particular container http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/#ldpc
#
elf-pavlik
something we can use for various examples for proposed API implementations https://asciinema.org/
#
elf-pavlik
ben_thatmust, curl++
#
elf-pavlik
bblfish, ^
jansauer, pfefferle, melvster1 and jasnell joined the channel
jansauer and jansauer_ joined the channel
#
elf-pavlik
aaronpk, after talking with fkooman i will research *audience* parameter to specify which particular LDP Container (or Micropub endpoint if i specify multiple ones) i want to authorize access to
#
elf-pavlik
we still found use of URIs for globally unique scope definitions interesting, looks like google also uses URLs https://developers.google.com/+/web/api/rest/oauth
shepazu and Arnaud joined the channel
bblfish joined the channel
#
cwebber2
hello, *
the_frey_, jansauer_, shepazu_, Guest83, jasnell, Arnaud1 and Arnaud joined the channel
#
aaronpk
elf-pavlik: sure, Google uses URLs for their scopes
#
aaronpk
oh you found that already
#
ben_thatmustbeme
hmm, may be a bit late today
#
ben_thatmustbeme
have to conduct a phone interview
#
melvster1
hope you get the job! :)
AnnB and tilgovi joined the channel
#
AnnB
aaronpk++ for posting the minutes
#
Loqi
aaronpk has 834 karma
#
aaronpk
a little late sorry :)
tantek joined the channel
#
tantek
good morning #social! What did everyone build & deploy this past week on their own website?
#
cwebber2
hi tantek
#
cwebber2
kept hacking on my activitystuff repo, fixed my activitystreams output based on jasnell's advice :) :)
#
cwebber2
started working on playing with both functional and object oriented APIs, might hit a middle ground.
#
tantek
cwebber2++ awesome
#
Loqi
cwebber2 has 35 karma
#
tantek
hacking++
#
Loqi
hacking has 3 karma
#
tantek
my hacking was a bit more modest. I got automatic POSSEing of RSVPs to FB events working in my personal site code Falcon, using Bridgy Publish.
#
tantek
and I've integrated but am still debugging, code to do webmention endpoint discovery and automatic sending of webmentions.
#
cwebber2
I hope by next week I can report that mediagoblin 0.8.0 is out
#
cwebber2
it's so close, but one unit test is failing ;x
#
cwebber2
gotta fix that :)
#
melvster1
tantek: in the last week I worked on caching and queuing mechanism so that the browser can pull in data from a user's website and follow links from it to multiple places, but remember what it fetched so that refreshing the app doesnt have to do all those round trips again, in this way the browser becomes an extension of your own footprint, in a certain sense
#
melvster1
also have a daemon process running in the background to recheck pages that change more frequently
#
melvster1
as we know cache invalidation is a hard problem :)
#
tantek
melvster1: indeed :) work on such web app prefetching / network optimization is pretty key for lots of mobile / transient network use-cases. does it fail gracefully when network connectivity is flakey?
#
melvster1
the reason for this is that the amount of data I was working with was getting sufficiently large, so that caching was important to make it scale better
#
tantek
another good reason
#
melvster1
tantek: it doesnt fail too gracefully yet, but that's the plan going forward, by dogfooding in different scenarios I'll be able to know which parts are more important and which less important
#
tantek
Arnaud: are you good to chair today?
#
tantek
great
#
tantek
I don't see Evan around so I'll put myself in as backup
evanpro joined the channel
#
Arnaud
trackbot, start meeting
#
trackbot
is preparing a teleconference.
RRSAgent joined the channel
#
ben_thatmustbeme
elf-pavlik: what was that about curl?
#
trackbot
RRSAgent, make logs public
#
RRSAgent
I have made the request, trackbot
Zakim joined the channel
#
trackbot
Zakim, this will be SOCL
#
Zakim
ok, trackbot; I see T&S_SOCWG()1:00PM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
#
trackbot
Meeting: Social Web Working Group Teleconference
#
trackbot
Date: 02 June 2015
#
elf-pavlik
Zakim, code?
#
Zakim
the conference code is 7625 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), elf-pavlik
#
melvster1
elf-pavlik: FWIW I agree with that link
bblfish joined the channel
#
Zakim
T&S_SOCWG()1:00PM has now started
#
rhiaro
and csarven say hi from Slovenian beach :)
#
Zakim
+Arnaud
#
Zakim
+ +1.401.305.aaaa
#
wseltzer
let me know if you need any team support
#
elf-pavlik
rhiaro++ csarven++
#
Loqi
rhiaro has 104 karma
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Zakim, aaaa is me
#
Zakim
+ben_thatmustbeme; got it
#
Zakim
+[IPcaller]
#
Zakim
+Wendy
#
elf-pavlik
Zakim, IPcaller is me
#
Zakim
+elf-pavlik; got it
#
Zakim
+aaronpk
#
Zakim
+ +1.773.614.aabb
#
tantek
is dialing
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Zakim, mute me
#
Zakim
ben_thatmustbeme should now be muted
#
Zakim
+??P6
#
tantek
Zakim, ??p6 is me
#
Zakim
+tantek; got it
#
ben_thatmustbeme
mute myself before the babies start screaming
#
Zakim
+ +1.514.554.aacc
#
elf-pavlik
babies++
#
tantek
zakim, mute me
#
Zakim
tantek should now be muted
#
Loqi
babies has 5 karma
#
evanpro
Zakim, aacc is me
#
Zakim
+evanpro; got it
#
Loqi
evanpro: aaronpk left you a message on 4/20 at 7:18pm: oh no I found a broken link on your site! https://e14n.com/2010/07/21/federated-social-web-summit-wrapup http://socialwg.indiewebcamp.com/irc/social/2015-04-20/line/1429582692056
#
elf-pavlik
Zakim, who's on the call?
#
Zakim
sees on the phone: Arnaud, ben_thatmustbeme (muted), elf-pavlik, Wendy, aaronpk, +1.773.614.aabb, tantek (muted), evanpro
#
Zakim
+dromasca
#
evanpro
aaronpk: thanks!
#
cwebber2
that's me
#
cwebber2
Zakim, +aabb is me
#
Zakim
sorry, cwebber2, I do not recognize a party named '+aabb'
#
cwebber2
Zakim, aabb is me
#
Zakim
+cwebber2; got it
#
wseltzer
thanks cwebber2
bblfish joined the channel
#
cwebber2
thx for keeping me on top of things wseltzer
#
wseltzer
regrets+ harry, sandro, jasnell
#
Zakim
+??P9
#
rhiaro
Zakim, ??P9 is me
#
Zakim
+rhiaro; got it
#
Zakim
+[IPcaller]
#
rhiaro
Zakim, mute me
#
Zakim
rhiaro should now be muted
#
wilkie
Zakim, IPcaller is me
#
Zakim
+wilkie; got it
bblfish_ joined the channel
#
elf-pavlik
I can scribe
#
evanpro
I can scribe this time
#
evanpro
Two volunteers!
#
ben_thatmustbeme
I'll try scribing
dromasca joined the channel
#
wseltzer
scribenick: ben_thatmustbeme
#
ben_thatmustbeme
scribe: ben_thatmustbeme
#
tantek
ben_thatmustbeme, as scribe you have ultimate power to stop the meeting :)
#
rhiaro
notes SIP connection from the beach seems to be superior to in office, maybe I should do this more often
#
wilkie
rhiaro: um. yes. haha
#
ben_thatmustbeme
TOPIC: minutes from previous minutes
AdamB joined the channel
#
wilkie
oh, maybe I should have drafted the minutes on the wiki
#
wilkie
sorry
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: minutes of last meeting were missing but have just been added
#
AnnB
+1
#
tantek
+1 looks good
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... proposes to approve minutes of may 26th
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... Hering no objections
#
ben_thatmustbeme
s/Hering/Hearing
#
Zakim
+ +1.314.777.aadd
#
Zakim
+bblfish
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Topic: Zakim being decomissioned
#
tantek
Topic: Switch to WebEx Coming up
#
aaronpk
countdown to Zakim end of life http://www.w3.org/2015/07/zakim.html
#
wilkie
puts hands over Zakim's ears
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: W3c is switching to WebEx and Zakim is being decomissioned. All working groups will have to switch off.
#
AnnB
W3C looking into WebRTC options, I think
#
AnnB
future tho
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... Audio part of the calls will use webex, at least for the forseeable future. W3C is investigating alternatives. but for now we will be using WebEx.
#
tantek
poor Zakim.
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... By the end of the month we will have to switch over
#
AnnB
I know, Zakim has been a faithful servant for years
#
AdamB
Zakim, aadd is AdamB
#
Zakim
+AdamB; got it
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... This is dependant on team contact to get the reservation set up. Some people may find it better. Some prefer the webex client sound quality / experience, etc.
#
wseltzer
-> https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/WebExBestPractices WebEx Best Practices notes
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... The biggest loss is that there is no integration with any bots that we have. We can still use Zakim for queue and trackbot, etc, but lose the ability to mute
#
elf-pavlik
Zakim, who's on the call?
#
Zakim
sees on the phone: Arnaud, ben_thatmustbeme (muted), elf-pavlik, Wendy, aaronpk, cwebber2, tantek (muted), evanpro, dromasca, rhiaro (muted), wilkie, Ann, AdamB, bblfish
Guest83 joined the channel
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... Most annoying is you do not have a list of participants.
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... some linux systems have issues, etc. review link posted by wseltzer in chat.
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... We will follow up with team contact as to setting up reservation. Another annoying part is the conference code will change every week.
#
wseltzer
q+
#
Zakim
sees wseltzer on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
AnnB: Thats surprising, we use webex and have a standard code
#
Arnaud
ack wseltzer
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: may be just lack of knowledge in setting it up thus far.
#
Zakim
+??P14
#
cwebber2
so wait, will there be a SIP option?
#
tsyesika_
Zakim, ??P14 is me
#
Zakim
+tsyesika_; got it
#
tsyesika_
Zakim, mute me
#
Zakim
tsyesika_ should now be muted
#
cwebber2
will this require installing proprietary software?
#
ben_thatmustbeme
wseltzer: W3C is still working with WebEx team and says that recurring meetings should be able to use the same code.
#
ben_thatmustbeme
AnnB: I have a standing meeting but I never schedule it, but it gives the ability to use the same code all the time.
#
wseltzer
q-
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
AnnB
I use "my" code for when I want to schedule random meetings
#
Zakim
sees cwebber on the speaker queue
#
Arnaud
ack cwebber2
#
Zakim
sees cwebber on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: in any case, this is a heads up. we are nearing the deadline. We are free to switch whenever we are ready. Some WG have already switched.
#
Arnaud
ack cwebber
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
cwebber2: will there be a phone line or SIP option?
#
cwebber2
ok thanks
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: you can call either way. The client is fairly straight forward too. Client can even call you
#
cwebber2
I try to avoid installing any proprietary software
#
cwebber2
so it could be pretty problematic for me if that's the only way to participate
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... The client also shows who is making noise too.
#
cwebber2
but if there's a phone or SIP option that will work
#
wilkie
that's great for scribing wow
#
wseltzer
cwebber2, you can also join by phone
#
cwebber2
(though hopefully there's a SIP option for international users who are also concerned about such things?)
#
wseltzer
I'm not sure what's required to get webex call-out
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... In the meeting I had, the host was not in the meeting, but our team contact will be our host and will have more control over the call.
#
AnnB
wseltzer, if you guys need help figuring out some of these questions, I could ask our WebEx SMEs to help
#
AnnB
of course, I presume Cisco is helping you
#
wseltzer
will take that back to the team
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... There is still a lot of mystery in the setup. As chair I wish I had more information.
#
wseltzer
thanks AnnB
#
AnnB
sure
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... Moving on
#
ben_thatmustbeme
TOPIC: Review Actions
#
elf-pavlik
action-58
#
RRSAgent
sees no action items
#
trackbot
is looking up action-58.
#
trackbot
action-58 -- Pavlik elf to Setup tracking of candidate demos which showcase User Stories implementations -- due 2015-06-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: there is one activity marked as pending review by elf-pavlik
#
elf-pavlik
close action-58
#
trackbot
is closing action-58.
#
trackbot
Closed action-58.
#
tantek
elf-pavlik, was that part of your personal to-do items in Tracker?
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... elf just closed and has completed this action.
#
elf-pavlik
i find it very relevant to the work here
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... Not going to go through open actions 1 by 1. Does anyone want to declare victory on any of those?
#
tantek
elf-pavlik, relevant to work here is insufficient, it must require involvement by the group, not just a personal action that's realted
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... Hearing none, lets move on.
#
Zakim
sees tantek on the speaker queue
#
Arnaud
ack tantek
#
Zakim
unmutes tantek
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
elf-pavlik
how to encourage collaboration on actions among group participants?
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: one thing that was discussed in IRC relating to action items, I would like to bring up using tracker for personal items. I suggest not cluttering tracker for personal items and only use it for actions that require the groups attention
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... I wanted to raise that for clarification and to help minize time used
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: I totally support what tantek said. I realized a lot of the open actions are assigned to elf-pavlik. These actions should be assigned during meetings and not be used for own personal todo list.
#
elf-pavlik
i'll move them by next week
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: I agree, actions in tracker are actions assigned by the group
#
tantek
thanks elf-pavlik
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: lets move on to raised issues.
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... I believe we discussed this issue (issue-43) last week, why is it still open?
#
bblfish_
issue-43?
#
trackbot
is looking up issue-43.
#
trackbot
issue-43 -- What if anything should as2 say about i-json? per https://www.w3.org/wiki/socialwg/2015-05-26#i-json_discussion -- raised
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: lacking a consensus last week, we left it raised.
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: we had a short discussion last week. Are we in any better position this week?
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: james was strongly against it and a group of us supported him as it is an editor issue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: existing software may not be able to produce ijson but I wish in issues like this we were a lot more clear about how we raise issues.
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... someone should make a proposal that actually suggests a resolution, or a yes no answer
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: i agree, if you want to raise an issue, it should be to point out a blocker or you are stuck
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: based on that criteria, we should reject this
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: if someone feels we should do something about ijson they should raise as a new issue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: i feel it should come with a use-case too
#
Arnaud
PROPOSED: Close ISSUE-43 as is, if anyone has a specific suggestion/proposal, they should raise a new issue explaining what it is, along with a use case
#
ben_thatmustbeme
is going stenographer level :P
#
AnnB
abstains
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: who raised this issue? also annoying when tracker does not have that data
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... I will call it resolved
#
Arnaud
RESOLVED: Close ISSUE-43 as is, if anyone has a specific suggestion/proposal, they should raise a new issue explaining what it is, along with a use case
#
AnnB
ben_thatmustbeme++
#
Loqi
ben_thatmustbeme has 75 karma
#
wseltzer
trackbot, close issue-43
#
trackbot
is closing issue-43.
#
trackbot
Closed issue-43.
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: no other issues pending review
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... not going to tackle open issues now, i suggest moving forward for now
#
AnnB
both ben_thatmustbeme's hands/arms must be getting strong from holding twins!
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Topic: social syntax
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: James is not on the call but he has updated the draft and sent the link tot he working group and suggest we just republish a new working draft
#
Zakim
+Sandro
#
Zakim
sees evanpro on the speaker queue
#
tantek
q+ to raise issue about removed examples - I don't think that edit reflects group consensus
#
Zakim
sees evanpro, tantek on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... He thinks that we have made significant progress and should publish it. It is just a way to communicate to the world what we are doing. and try to get broader attention to the draft
#
Zakim
-tsyesika_
#
wseltzer
zakim, mute sandro
#
Zakim
Sandro should now be muted
#
elf-pavlik
Zakim, who's making noise?
#
Arnaud
ack evanpro
#
Zakim
sees tantek on the speaker queue
#
tantek
zakim, who is noisy?
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... Either people are happy to make the decision now, we can proceed, or we can take a week to prcoeed
#
wseltzer
zakim, unmute sandro
#
Zakim
Sandro should no longer be muted
#
Zakim
elf-pavlik, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Arnaud (72%)
#
Zakim
+??P14
#
tsyesika_
Zakim, ??P14 is me
#
Zakim
+tsyesika_; got it
#
tsyesika_
Zakim, mute me
#
Zakim
tsyesika_ should now be muted
#
AnnB
wow ... someone just dialed in from the moon
#
Zakim
tantek, listening for 20 seconds I heard sound from the following: evanpro (96%)
#
ben_thatmustbeme
evanpro: I think it makes sense to take some time to review, but i think about a week is enough time to review
#
Arnaud
ack tantek
#
Zakim
tantek, you wanted to raise issue about removed examples - I don't think that edit reflects group consensus
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: I agree, there has be a lot of substantial edits, and we should update but the one concern i have is that he made a pretty big edit removing a lot of examples in syntaxes and i object to that edit
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... I think the more people have various ways of approaching it, the better. He believes it is better to not have incorrect examples then to have some incorrect examples.
#
rhiaro
but he removed the correct ones too
#
elf-pavlik
action-26
#
RRSAgent
sees no action items
#
trackbot
is looking up action-26.
#
trackbot
action-26 -- Tantek Çelik to Review microformats examples in AS2.0 specs -- due 2015-03-17 -- OPEN
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: he doesn't know microformats enough that he could correct them
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: he could have easily put warning label that noted ones that have not been reviewed. Perhaps a seperate document that shows all the exmples of various formats
#
elf-pavlik
+1 sperate document for all non JSON(-LD) examples
#
ben_thatmustbeme
what happened
#
elf-pavlik
action-38
#
RRSAgent
sees no action items
#
trackbot
is looking up action-38.
#
trackbot
action-38 -- Evan Prodromou to Convert social api requirements to 2-10 user stories of 3-5 sentences each -- due 2015-02-10 -- CLOSED
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
rhiaro
I agree we shouldn't remove them altogether
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: the action for me on fixing the examples, they are getting incrementally getting completed. but i was hoping to continue and they have instead been all removed
#
elf-pavlik
i wait with action-34 for that resolution
#
elf-pavlik
action-34
#
RRSAgent
sees no action items
#
trackbot
is looking up action-34.
#
trackbot
action-34 -- Pavlik elf to add explaination to the spec about multiple serializations used in examples -- due 2015-02-10 -- OPEN
#
ben_thatmustbeme
sandro: i do think removing them in the name of not having them be incorrect suggests an implicit decision that we are more likely to remove microformats, which we have not decided
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: anyone else? otherwise the plan is take some time to review and give everyone a week to review
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... I was delighted to hear the w3c has come up with a tool to automate publishing
#
wseltzer
-> https://github.com/w3c/echidna/wiki/How-to-use-Echidna Echidna, automatic publication system
#
Zakim
sees wseltzer on the speaker queue
#
wseltzer
q+
#
tantek
q+ to make a proposal to help move forward with AS2 publication
#
Zakim
sees wseltzer, tantek on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... does all the validation, sends emails, etc. but does require some preconfiguration. We will need help of team contacts for this
#
Arnaud
ack wseltzer
#
Zakim
sees tantek on the speaker queue
#
elf-pavlik
also IMO very cool recent PR to ReSpec: "Including body and title of GitHub issues" https://github.com/w3c/respec/pull/443
#
Arnaud
ack tantek
#
Zakim
tantek, you wanted to make a proposal to help move forward with AS2 publication
#
ben_thatmustbeme
wseltzer: i just put a link in the chat to the automatic publication process, but needs a group decision to migrate to it first
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
tantek
PROPOSAL: revert change that removed microformats examples, and add a warning e.g. "This example needs review." to any microformats examples that have not been verified/fixed per action 26. Also others are welcome to help with action 26!
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: i wanted to raise the concern forward to revert the change that removed the examples and put in a warning on nonreviewed parts
#
Arnaud
RESOLVED: revert change that removed microformats examples, and add a warning e.g. "This example needs review." to any microformats examples that have not been verified/fixed per action 26. Also others are welcome to help with action 26!
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: of course james is not here and he has to do the work
#
elf-pavlik
tantek, can you make PR with rever and adding those warnings?
#
tantek
elf-pavlik: no, don't have time for that - jasnell can do a revert
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... this is why we have the approve the minutes from the last week, to allow people to object to the previous weeks proposals that they were not there for
#
elf-pavlik
git revert just one command - adding warnings may take time
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: I agree if he were here I do believe he would -1 this, but it should fall the the chairs to compell the editor to make the change needed
#
cwebber2
I vote late ;)
#
cwebber2
I think jasnell's feedback is valuable on this
#
tantek
cwebber2: agreed - hence why I discussed with him first
#
tantek
but I think we came to understand and agree to disagree :/
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: there was an email thread started after F2F in paris. Sandro raised a question on correcting vocabulary of Activity streams.
#
aaronpk
i liked sandro's suggestion!
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... James is not here, I was hoping to make progress on this. I just want to make sure this issue doesn't go away
#
elf-pavlik
some toughts on API Operations vs. Social Activities https://github.com/w3c-social/social-vocab/issues/12
#
tantek
zakim, mute me
#
Zakim
tantek should now be muted
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... I have asked sandro to raise this issue sooner rather than later. There was one question from james of what this has to do with activity streams, and not the protocol?
#
tantek
but is IoT actually "social web"?
#
tantek
I think this may go beyond our charter scope
#
ben_thatmustbeme
sandro: activity streams becomes the protocol with activitypump, which is what brought it to my attention, but even without that, its framed in terms of things having happened. which makes perfect sense in terms of news, but odd when moving to other applications like internet of things. You can either it as the light turned on, or there is a state change and the light is now on. The model of "the state changed to this" becomes messy when dealing
#
ben_thatmustbeme
with a thermometer for example
#
tantek
thermometers aren't "social" :P
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: we'll have to take this back on when james is back on.
#
Zakim
-tsyesika_
#
tantek
q+ could we base this discussion on people and not things?
#
Zakim
tantek, you typed too many words without commas; I suspect you forgot to start with 'to ...'
#
tantek
q+ to say could we base this discussion on people and not things?
#
Zakim
sees tantek on the speaker queue
#
Arnaud
ack tantek
#
Zakim
unmutes tantek
#
Zakim
tantek, you wanted to say could we base this discussion on people and not things?
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
Zakim
+??P14
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... that was just one specific example, though not social, i could come up with one.
#
AnnB
I agree @tantek that IOT is not 'social'. But I wonder if these concepts apply to how we (enterprise) want to use social for workflow management
#
tsyesika_
Zakim, ??P14 is me
#
Zakim
+tsyesika_; got it
#
tsyesika_
Zakim, mute me
#
Zakim
tsyesika_ should now be muted
#
tsyesika_
wonders why she keeps dropping off
#
AnnB
maddening, eh @tsyesika?
Guest83 joined the channel
#
tsyesika_
AnnB: indeed
#
AnnB
wonders who is 'guest83'?
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: i think there is some merit to seperating it to "here is a list of posts" vs "here is how to CRUD posts"
#
AnnB
thanks bengo
#
bengo
:)
#
ben_thatmustbeme
sandro: do you check in at a location then check out? or just withdraw a check in? AS2 isn't clear on modeling these things.
#
aaronpk
i would "check out" of a location by updating my checkin post with an end date
#
elf-pavlik
or use for illustrating this topic one of existing stories https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/Sorting_user_stories
#
AnnB
q+
#
Zakim
sees AnnB on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: is that really social web or are you just treating that phone as a stream of information. My general request is that we try to avoid scope-creep in to internet of things. There are cases where it does occur like "listens" or "scrobbles" and I'd like to stick to examples like that and showing off exmples on sites like "last.fm has this"
#
ben_thatmustbeme
sandro: for example what about deleting a post? is that a new post or just removing the existing post?
#
sandro
elf-pavlik, no this doesn;'t need any new user stories
#
Arnaud
ack AnnB
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: i think we should stop here, but this is a significant issue that we should look in to quickly before we move on too far
#
elf-pavlik
sandro, "or use for illustrating this topic one of existing stories https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/Sorting_user_stories"
#
tantek
re: deleting a post - it's both a protocol for doing so (part of CRUD), but can and should also be indicated at the permalink of that post. see http://indiewebcamp.com/deleted for current thinking/solutions for that
#
ben_thatmustbeme
AnnB: i agree with tantek on the scope-creep issue, but we in industry are interested in the activity management. is that outside of the scope?
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: I think as long as a person is doing it, its within our scope?
#
bengo
I don't know how q+ works or the rules of teleconf, but if there are more folks than usual on here this may be a good time to share something I've been working on: http://livefyre.github.io/activity-vocabulary/ for the purposes of using like https://github.com/gobengo/dom-activity
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: its really just a matter of how we represent, its not a question of it being not able to be represented, just how
#
tantek
now whether it should be in v1 or not - that's a different question - hence the user-stories focus
#
ben_thatmustbeme
TOPIC: Social Syntax test suite
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: not going to say much, just wanted to point out we have a repo set up and I noticed there has not been any activity at all. IBM put a lot of time in to it, so I would like to encourage WG members to step up and getting involved with it.
#
elf-pavlik
AnnB my voice may not work, could you help with topic: Coordination with IG ?
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... I don't know if anyone has anything else to say on this
#
ben_thatmustbeme
can we post link to that repo?
#
ben_thatmustbeme
TOPIC: social API
#
elf-pavlik
can you hear me?
#
wseltzer
q+ ben_thatmustbeme
#
Zakim
sees ben_thatmustbeme on the speaker queue
#
tantek
Zakim, mute me
#
Zakim
tantek should now be muted
#
Zakim
sees ben_thatmustbeme on the speaker queue
#
tantek
notes scribe is on the queue
#
AnnB
oh sorry, elf, just saw your comment .. yes
#
AnnB
q+
#
Zakim
sees ben_thatmustbeme, AnnB on the speaker queue
#
wseltzer
q- ben_thatmustbeme
#
Zakim
sees AnnB on the speaker queue
#
elf-pavlik
i think my mic doesn't work again :( i propose moving to Coordination with IG
#
Loqi
it'll be ok
#
Arnaud
ack AnnB
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
elf-pavlik
lets take Follow a Person vs. Subscribe to a Feed to async (github)
#
elf-pavlik
sorry, trying skype today but it doesn't help :(
#
evanpro
elf-pavlik++
#
Loqi
elf-pavlik has 27 karma
#
Loqi
it'll be ok
#
evanpro
Seems fair here
#
tantek
no objection
#
Zakim
sees evanpro on the speaker queue
#
Zakim
sees evanpro on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: does anyone have anything to say about the social API point
#
Arnaud
ack evanpro
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
elf-pavlik
just @mention me please in any repo
#
ben_thatmustbeme
evanpro: I think elf is trying to clarify establishing a relationship of say "following a person" vs "following a feed" but perhaps we can take this issue to github repo for activity streams
#
ben_thatmustbeme
TOPIC: coordination with IG
#
melvster1
in implementing SWAT0 it was confusing what following meant, it would be good to have that clarified
#
elf-pavlik
melvster1++
#
Loqi
melvster1 has 2 karma
#
tantek
+1 on merging IRC channels. Telcon topics take precedence in the channel.
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: AnnB asked about merging IRC channels, the concern is congestion during meetings
#
elf-pavlik
+1 merge IRC channels
#
ben_thatmustbeme
AnnB: It has come up informally here and there, but not everyone has weighed in on this issue
#
tantek
q+ to note we already had a resolution ages ago to use #social for both, but then somehow that got reverted due to Zakim limitations or something.
#
Zakim
sees tantek on the speaker queue
#
elf-pavlik
tracker limitations but we don't use it any more in IG, moved to github :)
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... it does seem to me and the IG that it would be valueable to merge the channels. during IG meetings it inhibits the WG from chatting at that time
#
AdamB
were there issues with patent policy and also tracking of actions, meetings etc?
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... my alternative suggesting was to keep the IG channel for only meetings, but didn't want to just move everyone over here without WG approval
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: was there an issue with trackbot?
#
elf-pavlik
we can try just moving and if people find 1h weekly call an issue we can move calls to #socialig as needed
#
ben_thatmustbeme
AnnB: this becomes moot if we are moving tracking to github
#
tantek
is there a list of all resolutions?
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: not sure I agree, but if the IG keeps meeting on their own channel that isn't an issue.
#
tantek
zakim, unmute me
#
Zakim
tantek should no longer be muted
#
cwebber2
I'm fine with it
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... How do people feel on this
#
wseltzer
q+ to note IP issues on "contribution"
#
Zakim
sees tantek, wseltzer on the speaker queue
#
elf-pavlik
+1 merge IRC channels (adjust use of two as needed if problems appear)
#
ben_thatmustbeme
tantek: we had this conversation already and why is it coming up again?
#
Zakim
sees tantek, wseltzer on the speaker queue
#
Zakim
sees wseltzer on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
... we hit issues and they hit an issue and just stayed on their own channel
#
Arnaud
ack wseltzer
#
Zakim
wseltzer, you wanted to note IP issues on "contribution"
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
evanpro
"As they say in Portland..." ha!
#
Zakim
-tsyesika_
#
tantek
evanpro :)
#
wilkie
I'm going to be in portland for a week in June! I've never been there before :)
#
AnnB
q+
#
Zakim
sees AnnB on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
wseltzer: just a reminder that the question of who can participate in discussions is seperate from the need to keep the patent commitments clear. Contributions to the spec need to be limited to those who are members or invited experts.
#
tantek
hopes evanpro makes it to Palm Springs in ~10 days :)
#
Arnaud
ack AnnB
#
Zakim
sees no one on the speaker queue
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: I believe this is no different than contributions from the mailing list
#
tantek
isn't this orthogonal becauase anyone can be on IRC on any channel?
#
AnnB
PROPOSE: let IG members hang out in WG #social channel; but scribe the IG meetings in #socialig
#
cwebber2
no objection
#
ben_thatmustbeme
AnnB: wseltzer, we thought that might be fine since all of our member in the IG are invited experts, but that is different
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: does anyone object
#
Arnaud
RESOLVED: let IG members hang out in WG #social channel; but scribe the IG meetings in #socialig
#
tantek
would prefer IG meetings in #social also
#
tantek
but ok
#
ben_thatmustbeme
Arnaud: this is consistent with previous issue on it
#
Zakim
-dromasca
#
ben_thatmustbeme
needs to know how to do that real quick :P
#
Zakim
-bblfish
#
Zakim
-AdamB
#
Zakim
-aaronpk
#
Zakim
-rhiaro
#
Zakim
-ben_thatmustbeme
#
Zakim
-elf-pavlik
#
evanpro
Thanks Arnaud !
#
Zakim
-Arnaud
#
wilkie
thanks
#
Zakim
-Wendy
#
Zakim
-evanpro
#
cwebber2
ben_thatmustbeme++
#
Loqi
ben_thatmustbeme has 76 karma
#
cwebber2
thanks for scribing
#
Zakim
-cwebber2
#
wilkie
ben_thatmustbeme++
#
Loqi
ben_thatmustbeme has 77 karma
#
ben_thatmustbeme
:) just glad my audio didn't cut out this time, it has in the past
#
ben_thatmustbeme
which is why i hesitate to scribe
#
sandro
zakim, who is on the call?
#
Zakim
sees on the phone: tantek, wilkie, Ann, Sandro
#
Arnaud
it's too bad because you're a great scribe :)
#
ben_thatmustbeme
I used to practice speed typing by trying to transcribe songs in real time
#
Zakim
-Sandro
#
Zakim
-tantek
#
tantek
ben_thatmustbeme++ for scribing!
#
Loqi
ben_thatmustbeme has 78 karma
#
bengo
if there are more folks than usual on here this may be a good time to share something I've been working on: http://livefyre.github.io/activity-vocabulary/ for the purposes of using like https://github.com/gobengo/dom-activity.
#
ben_thatmustbeme
I believe you need to end the meeting before i get notes
#
Zakim
-wilkie
#
Zakim
T&S_SOCWG()1:00PM has ended
#
Zakim
Attendees were Arnaud, +1.401.305.aaaa, ben_thatmustbeme, Wendy, elf-pavlik, aaronpk, +1.773.614.aabb, tantek, +1.514.554.aacc, evanpro, dromasca, cwebber2, rhiaro, wilkie, Ann,
#
Zakim
... +1.314.777.aadd, bblfish, AdamB, tsyesika_, Sandro
#
AnnB
wow, Ben .. cool
#
bengo
It's real-world extension of current draft of AS Vocabulary
#
ben_thatmustbeme
s/notes/minutes
#
Arnaud
songs in real time? that sounds like a challenge indeed!
#
aaronpk
never remembers the trackbot incantation to make minutes
#
Arnaud
trackbot, end meeting
#
trackbot
is ending a teleconference.
#
trackbot
Zakim, list attendees
#
Zakim
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
#
tantek
always looks it up on the wiki
#
trackbot
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
#
RRSAgent
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/06/02-social-minutes.html trackbot
#
trackbot
RRSAgent, bye
#
RRSAgent
I see no action items
#
aaronpk
never remembers where on the wiki it is
#
AnnB
uses the link in the IRC "topic" line, to jump to the wiki
#
aaronpk
never noticed that
#
elf-pavlik
AnnB, do you really see need for using second IRC channel for meetings?
#
AnnB
that's a question
#
tantek
aaronpk: yes the wiki agendas are very much programmatic in that regard, all the chair has to do is walk the steps :)
#
AnnB
tantek suggs no
#
AnnB
aaronpk had raised the question (not really an objection) ...
#
AnnB
unfortunately that discussion happened after the meeting ended
#
elf-pavlik
we can try using just #social and if someone raises issue about IG having 1h meeting once a week we can move them to #socialig than :)
#
AnnB
my idea is, we'll try tomorrow and see
#
AnnB
yes
#
aaronpk
what about the trackbot problem?
#
tantek
elf-pavlik: pretty sure previous resolution (months ago) on this topic resolved to use #social for IG meetings as well
#
tantek
aaronpk: no more trackbot usage in IG, no problem.
#
AnnB
I'm confused now about trackbot
#
elf-pavlik
it doesn't support two W3C Trackers (ISSUEs ACTIONs) on single channel, but now we use github so it doesn't matter
#
tantek
trackbot has that effect
#
trackbot
Sorry, tantek, I don't understand 'trackbot has that effect'. Please refer to <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.
#
aaronpk
that solves that
#
AnnB
haha, trackbot objects
#
tantek
trackbot, why do you not understand?
#
trackbot
Sorry, tantek, I don't understand 'trackbot, why do you not understand?'. Please refer to <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.
#
AnnB
haha
#
aaronpk
trackbot++
#
Loqi
trackbot has 2 karma
#
trackbot
Sorry, Loqi, I don't understand 'trackbot has 2 karma'. Please refer to <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.
#
tantek
trackbot.' nor the three laws, so you better watch yourself. ':P
#
AnnB
along with Zakim, trackbot has been a faithful servant
#
ben_thatmustbeme
hmm, wow, 90 packages to emerge to can pandoc installed
#
tantek
trackbot, nor am I self-aware.' nor the three laws, so you better watch yourself. ':P
#
trackbot
Sorry, tantek, I don't understand 'trackbot, nor am I self-aware.' nor the three laws, so you better watch yourself. ':P'. Please refer to <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.
#
aaronpk
ben_thatmustbeme: just use rhiaro's online one!
#
ben_thatmustbeme
ohhhh gentoo
#
elf-pavlik
needs to run... ciao o/
#
ben_thatmustbeme
aaronpk: i will for this time
LCyrin joined the channel
#
AnnB
was it resolved that we'll use github totally, not trackbot at all?
#
tantek
AnnB - if not, you could put that proposal at the top of the agenda for your next meeting just to formalize it :)
#
elf-pavlik
ben_thatmustbeme, what do you think about https://github.com/aaronpk/Micropub/issues/11
#
elf-pavlik
afk will check log later
#
wilkie
LCyrin: o/
#
AnnB
has to go ... later
#
tantek
ben_thatmustbeme: see: https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg#Scribes for scribe instructions :)
jasnell and the_frey joined the channel
#
ben_thatmustbeme
yep working on screaming babies at the same time
#
ben_thatmustbeme
posted it now, i'll update as i get time
KevinMarks, jasnell and shepazu joined the channel
#
Zakim
excuses himself; his presence no longer seems to be needed
jasnell, Guest83, elf-pavlik and bret joined the channel
#
Loqi
Ok, I'll tell them that when I see them next
shepazu and Arnaud1 joined the channel